If you have a valid visa but have a new passport, please note the information below:
- Did you know you can now update your passport online 24 hours a day, seven days a week through ImmiAccount? See: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Immi
- If you don’t have an ImmiAccount, you need to advise the department of any changes to your passport details. You may advise the department by emailing us the following documentation:
- Scanned copy of Form 929 – please complete and sign this form which is available online at https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/929.pdf
- Scanned copy of the bio page of the new passport
- Scanned copy of the bio page of the old passport
- Scanned copy of the valid visa
Important note: Where a new passport has been issued with a new name, you should provide official evidence of name change (eg. change of name certificate, marriage certificate) along with copies of the old and new passport.
Kindly email the scanned results mentioned above to the Australian Embassy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org , and clearly state your request for passport details update in the body of the email. The Australian Embassy will contact you directly for confirmation.
Emails exceeding file size of 5mb
Please note that we are unable to accept emails with a total file size larger than 5mb. Under current arrangements, no notification will be generated for emails exceeding 5mb which are not successfully received.