Immigration, Citizenship & Visa Services
The Consular section of the Australian Embassy, Jakarta cannot assist with immigration, citizenship or visa queries. The Department of Home Affairs (Home Affairs) in the Australian Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia has the responsibility for managing immigration and citizenship services in Indonesia. Please visit the Visa and Citizenship page for contact details.
The following link provides local information on Australian Citizenship.
Online Registration for Australians Overseas
Registering with the Australian Embassy in Jakarta is very important.
- This information will help us to contact or find you in an emergency - whether it is a natural disaster, civil disturbance or family emergency, and where assistance is considered necessary and can be arranged.
- It may also be used to pass other information to you such as important travel advice updates and information on other urgent matters relevant to travellers and expatriates.
- The information contained in the Register is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 and can only be divulged under the provisions of that Act.
Australians are encouraged to use our online registration service if planning to visit or reside overseas. Registration is only accepted from Australian Citizens and their family members.
It is the responsibility of those persons registered to inform the Embassy of any changes to their details such as address, phone numbers and intended date of departure from Indonesia.
Travel Information for Australians
Need information on visiting or living in Indonesia? Read the Australian Government’s:
- Travel advice for Indonesia
- Smartraveller bulletins on special issues and events
- Tips for travellers
We encourage all Australian travellers and expatriates in Indonesia to:
- REGISTER your travel or residency plans
- SUBSCRIBE to travel advice updates – stay notified!
- INSURE yourself and all your belongings
DFAT’s Consular Privacy Collection Statement can be accessed at http://www.dfat.gov.au/dept/consular/privacy.html
24-hour Consular Support
Need emergency consular assistance? Please call +62 21 2550 5500. Your call will automatically be diverted to a 24/7 Consular Emergency Centre (+61 2 6261 3305) in Canberra if you call outside the Australian Embassy Jakarta’s business hours. You may also email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Consular Officers provide a wide range of services for Australian citizens in Indonesia. These include issuing passports; assisting citizens in trouble; providing lists of local hospitals and lawyers; witnessing signatures and other notarial services; voting facilities for Federal and some State elections; and providing the latest consular travel advices. For a full list of what we can and cannot do for you please have a look at the Consular Services Charter page.
Is your passport lost or stolen?
- Report the loss or theft online
- Contact the Australia Embassy in Jakarta (contact details above) during local business hours
- Seek more information on the Australian Passports Office website.
Applying for a passport?
- For passport information including applying for or renewing your passport, visit www.passports.gov.au.
- Passport services are available by appointment only.
- Please click here to book your appointment. Clients will only have access to the Embassy by appointment.
- Check on the status of your passport application online.
Factsheets for Living in Indonesia
- Marriage overseas
- List of Medical Facilities in Indonesia
- List of Translators
All enquiries relating to Centrelink matters (including qualification rules for payments and services) should be referred to Centrelink. Centrelink can be contacted through the following:
International Free Call: 001 803 61 035*
Fax: +61 3 6222 2799
Mail: Centrelink Compensation Recovery, PO BOX 7803, Canberra BC ACT 2610
* Please note that a free call may not be available from every location within the country and may not be free from mobile or public phones. If using a pay phone, the caller will need to insert coins or a card as for a local call and this may not be refunded at the end of the call.
Contact Information for Consular and Passport Services
Australian Consulate General
Australian Consulate General