Immigration, Citizenship & Visa Services
The Consular section of the Australian Embassy, Jakarta cannot assist with immigration, citizenship or visa queries. The Department of Home Affairs (Home Affairs) in the Australian Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia has the responsibility for managing immigration and citizenship services in Indonesia. Please visit the Visa and Citizenship page for contact details.
The following link provides local information on Australian Citizenship.
Online Registration During an Overseas Crisis
Important changes to Smartraveller are coming. Our new Smartraveller website will be launched in November. It will include a simpler system for getting travel advice updates and a new approach to registration.
Travellers have told us what they want most from Smartraveller is timely travel advice. We’ve listened, and we’re working on a subscription service that will deliver the latest updates to your inbox and SMS critical alerts in a crisis.
As part of the update we no longer ask Australians to register their travel before departure.
From November, Smartraveller’s registration system will activate only when there’s a crisis overseas. The service we provide to Australians in difficulty overseas is not changing.
You’re still welcome to register your travel with Smartraveller until November 2019. As always, we encourage Australians overseas to stay in touch with friends and family and let them know you’re safe.
If you need immediate assistance, you can call the Consular Emergency Centre on +61 2 6261 3305 from overseas or 1300 555 135 from within Australia. For more information on the changes, visit Smartraveller.gov.au/changes
Travel Information for Australians
Need information on visiting or living in Indonesia? Read the Australian Government’s:
- Travel advice for Indonesia
- Smartraveller bulletins on special issues and events
- Tips for travellers
We encourage all Australian travellers and expatriates in Indonesia to:
DFAT’s Consular Privacy Collection Statement can be accessed at http://www.dfat.gov.au/dept/consular/privacy.html
24-hour Consular Support
Need emergency consular assistance? Please call +62 21 2550 5500. Your call will automatically be diverted to a 24/7 Consular Emergency Centre (+61 2 6261 3305) in Canberra if you call outside the Australian Embassy Jakarta’s business hours. You may also email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Consular Officers provide a wide range of services for Australian citizens in Indonesia. These include issuing passports; assisting citizens in trouble; providing lists of local hospitals and lawyers; witnessing signatures and other notarial services; voting facilities for Federal and some State elections; and providing the latest consular travel advices. For a full list of what we can and cannot do for you please have a look at the Consular Services Charter page.
Is your passport lost or stolen?
- Report the loss or theft online
- Contact the Australia Embassy in Jakarta (contact details above) during local business hours
- Seek more information on the Australian Passports Office website.
Applying for a passport?
- For passport information including applying for or renewing your passport, visit www.passports.gov.au.
- Passport services are available by appointment only.
- Please click here to book your appointment. Clients will only have access to the Embassy by appointment.
- Check on the status of your passport application online.
Factsheets for Living in Indonesia
- Marriage overseas
- List of Translators
All enquiries relating to Centrelink matters (including qualification rules for payments and services) should be referred to Centrelink. Centrelink can be contacted through the following:
International Free Call: 001 803 61 035*
Fax: +61 3 6222 2799
Mail: Centrelink Compensation Recovery, PO BOX 7803, Canberra BC ACT 2610
* Please note that a free call may not be available from every location within the country and may not be free from mobile or public phones. If using a pay phone, the caller will need to insert coins or a card as for a local call and this may not be refunded at the end of the call.
Contact Information for Consular and Passport Services
Australian Consulate General
Australian Consulate General