Australian Embassy

Working Holiday visa checklist

Applying for a Work & Holiday Visa for Australia

(subclass 462)  

Who should apply for a Work and Holiday visa?

The Work and Holiday visa is for tertiary-educated people, aged 18 to 30, who want to travel and work for up to 12 months in Australia. This visa allows you to supplement the cost of your holiday through periods of temporary or casual employment.

Do I need a Letter of Support?

YES. In Indonesia, you need a letter of government support from The Indonesian Directorate General of Immigration.

Contact details (Imigrasi):

Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi
Sub Direktorat Visa
Jl. HR. Rasuna Said Kav 8-9 Lt. 1
Kuningan, Jakarta Selatan – 12940
Email: [email protected]

Please be aware that the letter of support does not guarantee that you will get a visa. However, it is still required as part of your application.

Checklist - The following documents should be included with your application

  • Completed online application
  • The visa application fee
  • Certified copy of passport (biodata page, amendment page and visa/stamp pages on their passport), valid for at least 12 months and any previous passports held
  • Ensure you are between 18 and 30 (on the day that the application is received at the Immigration Section)
  • One recent passport-sized photo
  • A letter of Government Support (details above)
  • Evidence that you have access to enough money to support yourself -generally at least $5,000 AUD to support the initial stage of your holiday. This amount will vary depending on whether you can show a return or onward ticket, your proposed length of stay and the extent of your travel. The evidence you can provide is a certified copy of a bank statement
  • Evidence that you have tertiary qualifications, or have successfully completed at least two years of undergraduate university study
  • Evidence that you have good English which is assessed as at least “functional” on a language test. See the 'Requirements for Indonesians' link
  • Undertake a chest x-ray examination at our Panel Radiologist. They will forward your result to the Immigration Section



Application map:

Before you apply  ►  Applying  ►  After you apply  ►  Further help / links 
  Back to the top of the page